The training of trainers addresses trainers/teachers who are engaged in training activities on organic vegetable gardening.
It is anticipated that the trainers have an agricultural background. The trainers may need to adapt the content, add learning materials and topics relevant to the partner countries situation. The trainers may need to provide additional interactive elements and practical exercises. Trainers need to combine the following roles:
- Transferring their knowledge and experience on eco (organic) gardening to the trainees;
- Facilitating the learning process by asking proper questions, creating learning atmosphere, motivating the trainees in self-confidence.
It is anticipated that the trainees are familiar with diverse training methods, adapted to the respective target groups. Some requirements might refer to:
- Prepare their training program well, based on the training objectives set;
- Provide knowledge and skills to the trainees;
- Arrange topics in a logical consequence;
- Use of diverse training methods in order to present the selected topics most efficiently;
- Use diverse methods of evaluation in order to assess whether the trainees have achieved the training objectives.
Module 2: Participatory and learners-centered learning methods (incl. specificities and teaching strategies for training of learners with learning/cognitive difficulties)
- To provide targeted knowledge to trainers who are facilitating teachers (educators) training course regarding teacher-centred and student-centred methods
- To provide specific knowledge on universal design in learning as well as on learner motivation and engagement issues
- To equip teachers and trainers with methods and strategies that will ensure the implementation of universal design in learning including those with cognitive difficulties
- To provide knowledge on gender, ethos and disability equality to teachers and educators
- To provide guidance on right-based approach to disability
- To provide a simple scheme on organising ethical committees at the educative institution
- To highlight the facilitation skills which each trainer/teacher/educator should have in order to achieve equality
- To provide best practices as case studies on the topic “Equality in provision of teaching/learning facilitation process”
- To provide guidance on preparation of action plan on implementation of equality measures while creating VET course
Module 4: Curriculum framework based on ECVET learning outcomes - definitions of knowledge, skills and competencies expected to be acquired by VET students at the end of the learning process
- To provide information onto legal framework on creation and provision of ECVET learning outcomes
- To provide information and clarifications on what is ECVET and why we need to implement it in VET?
- To provide guidance on how to create and measure learning outcomes?
- To provide guidance on principles for presenting learning outcomes in teachers’ training and aligning them to the existing/new curricula
- To provide knowledge and guidance on assessment criteria when using learning outcomes based approach in VET
- To provide guidance on how to use the innovative profile of “Eco-gardening worker” when delivery the training course?
Module 5: Training management - action plan template, goal achievements scale, conducting pre-, post- assessments
- To provide information about the training management system to evaluate the quality of the training of students with learning/cognitive difficulties
- To build up an action plan in evaluating the training of students with learning/cognitive difficulties
- To design goal achievement scale in evaluating the training of students with learning/cognitive difficulties