Outcomes / Downloads
During the project we will develop, approbate, disseminate and exploit the following envisaged outcomes:
- IO1: “Train the trainer” – Curriculum and training handbook on provision of ecological (organic) vegetable gardening training (ECVET based) for VET trainer/teachers
- IO2: Training course on ecological vegetable gardening (ECVET based) for the students with learning disabilities
- IO3: Illustrated eco-vegetable gardening handbook
- IO4: Social entrepreneurship skills guidelines
- IO5: Ecological (organic) Vegetable Gardening Worker
- IO6: Accessible mobile learning application for Android devices
IO1: “Train the trainer” – Curriculum and training handbook on provision of ecological (organic) vegetable gardening training (ECVET based) for VET trainer/teachers
Goal: to ultimately train VET teachers/trainers on how to structure (via curriculum) the process of training of VET learners including those with learning difficulties by using and implementing the ECOGARD training resources.
Target group: a guidance didactic material only for the VET providers in the field of this new area of learning – eco (organic) vegetable gardening.
IO2: Training course on ecological vegetable gardening (ECVET based) for the students with learning disabilities
Goal: To develop and approbate a training course which will consist of modular based training content which will be connected with ECVET learning outcomes.
Characteristics of the Eco-vegetable gardening worker knowledge, skills and competences related to key tasks according to the job profile will be considered:
- grow, harvest and blend a variety of vegetables, mushrooms, herbs and herbal teas, seeds etc.
- identify and correct soil deficiencies
- identify and organically treat pests and diseases on plants, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs etc.
- prepare fields, garden beds or lawn areas by cultivating soil and adding natural fertilisers and composts
- read landscape plans and construct rockeries, paths or ponds
- plant and transplant flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- maintain gardens by naturally fertilising, trimming and making sure that plants are receiving adequate water
- prune trees and hedges in ways that help the plants’ health, are safe and look good
- thin out, hoe, irrigate and naturally fertilise crops
- maintain lawn and grass areas using machinery, natural fertilisers but no chemicals
- service equipment such as tools, lawn mowers and heavy machinery
- operate and install irrigation and drainage systems
- plan and supervise other workers’ daily activities
- develop long-term plans, set budgets and manage the financial aspects of the organization or business.
- never use growth regulators and other chemicals
IO3: Illustrated eco-vegetable gardening handbook
Goal: To design and develop an easy to understand, beautifully designed book with step-by-step instructions and photographs, tips and tricks for everything from organic fertilizing and composting to rotating a vegetable garden for every important gardening and landscaping technique.
- VET learners including those with learning difficulties with no prior knowledge will learn how to turn their yards from weedy, overgrown patches to gorgeous landscapes.
- The learners will be trained – the right way – how to take care of everything from perennials to shrubs to their vegetable gardens, ensuring success the first time around the new settlement.
IO4: Social entrepreneurship skills guidelines
Goal: To develop guidelines which will support the VET learners (VET students, students with learning difficulties) and supporting the teaching/training process conducted by the VET trainers/teachers) in order to achieve acquisition of social entrepreneurship skills and to apply them on the establishment of their own business.
IO5: Ecological (organic) Vegetable Gardening Worker
Goal: To develop and submit for accreditation a new job profile in EQF (NQF) level 1
Target groups: VET learners including those with disabilities (minimum age 16 years)
Job description field:
- The gardener will participate in the care of an extensive greenhouse plant collection, organic vegetable gardens, native wildflower meadow, mushrooms and ornamental gardens.
- This work includes watering, propagation, planting, organic pest management and plant cleaning, pruning, harvesting, managing weeds and invasive plants.
IO6: Accessible mobile learning application for Android devices
- To develop pilot native Android mobile app will be developed to facilitate the self-planning, self-learning and self-assessment needs of the ECOGARD learners (including those with learning difficulties).
- To offer a simple, intuitive and self-explained user interface, thus removing usage stress and subsequently increasing adoptability by all types of users.
- VET learners including those with disabilities
- VET trainers
- Educational experts
- Employers / In-house trainers